Monday, February 25, 2013
Community Planning Forum in Parramatta on 7 March, 2013
Better Planning Network and ParraCAN are hosting a Community Planning Forum
Overdevelopment in YOUR street
Have your say !!!
Important forum for all residents of Western Sydney
Before the 2011 election Barry O'Farrell promised to replace the notorious Part 3A planning law. What he didn't tell us was he was going to replace it with something far worse, including:
▪ The proposal to remove the right of residents and communities to comment and appeal against specific developments in their neighbourhood
▪ The proposal to establish ‘enterprise zones’ across entire Local Government Areas with few, if any planning controls
▪ The removal of Ecological Sustainable Development as the overall driver of the NSW Planning System
▪ Downgrading the importance of good building design, open space, parks and urban bushland
▪ The removal of legal protection for many environmental policies
▪ The omission of any reference to heritage protection
▪ Prioritising fast-track development ahead of community wellbeing.
Public meeting 7.30 PM Thursday 7th March
Parramatta Town Hall, Church St Mall
Speakers: Corinne Fisher (Better Planning Network)
Ron Hoenig (ALP Shadow Minister for Energy and Shadow Minister for Ports)
David Shoebridge (Greens MP)
No booking is necessary but RSVP preferred on our Facebook page
Parramatta Climate Action Network is a grassroots not-for-profit organisation acting in the community to raise awareness on climate change and renewable energy solutions.